1/3/10

Restore Data After Hard drive died

My hard drive crashed. . How can I retrieve the data on my hard drive? First I should have bought another cheap external hard drive. (It was stolen from a clients site)

I still did not back up my data DVD or CD-r. Being a geek with knowledge of web applications backing up data is simple. You should never have only one copy of anything.
If you want some advice about getting into the backup habit, see 7 Backup Strategies for Your Data, Multimedia, and System Files.

I was not happy the hard drive died. However, I did not have to send the drive to a data recovery service that would have charged me hundreds or even thousands of dollars to recovery my data.
I found a way to make the data recoverable.


Google Docs will give you access to your documents on the internet with an active internet connection.
This feature will download your docs onto the web. You will need Gears for offline access, and the installer will restart your browse on your computer. 
For a quick product tour, check out: http://www.google.com/google-d-s/tour... Or to get started, visit: http://docs.google.com