Work For Americans - QUESTIONS TO ASK IN AN INTERVIEW
1. Why is this position available right now?
2. How many times has this position been filled in the past five years?
3. What should the new person do differently from the last person?
4. How long as this position been in existence?
5. How long as this position been open?
6. Who had the job until now?
7. Did they succeed or fail?
8. How many preceded?
9. What happened to them? Why
10. What are the resources available to me to get the job done?
11. Would it be possible for me to meet with a peer?
12. What’s the mission of the job....not the job description?
13. How long has this position been vacant?
14. What do you like about working here? Dislike?
15. How do you measure performance in this position?
16. What changes would you like to make in this department over the next year?
17. Is there anything about my work experiences or skills that would lead to conclude that
I am not the right candidate for this job?